The Data Synergy PrintMAN Utility provides a reliable and consistent mechanism
to configure the printers available at each Windows based workstation or physical location.
"PrintMAN does exactly what we need. I know no other solution that is as simple and effective."
- Dan Joslin, Network Manager, Sweyne Park School
The tool is necessary because Microsoft Windows assigns shared printers on a per-user basis.
This behaviour is often undesirable in roaming user environments such as school classrooms, hospitals, or computer labs.
In such an environment it is typically desirable for one printer to be associated with a particular physical location or group of workstations.
PrintMAN provides a simple solution to ensure the desired printer is always the default printer. The software reduces wasted print jobs, paper and toner resources caused by accidental or unauthorised printing to the wrong printer:
- Assign default printer per workstation
- Assignment based upon printer name and/or port (including wildcard support)
- Deployed and configured via Group Policy, SMS or similar tool
- Optionally delete non-default network printer connections
- Supports Windows XP and later
Discover how PrintMAN is helping save wasted prints and speed up login times at Collyer's